Academy Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below are the basis of the contract between the student (“you”) and the Soho Gyms Academy (“the Academy”). When you book a course with us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. This is a legally binding agreement, so please read through it carefully.
- Bookings must be made through the website or using this application form. Telephone bookings will not be accepted. Only when you have received written confirmation of booking will you enter into a contract with the Academy.
- Students need to be at least 16 years of age on the day the course starts. Please note gym membership will only be available for those over 18 years of age.
- Bookings will only be accepted with either full payment of the course or a £500 deposit as detailed in our fees price list. You can cancel this agreement and receive a full refund of your deposit within 7 (seven) days of your booking being confirmed. All course materials received will need to be posted back by recorded delivery at your own expense. We reserve the right to charge for any damaged/incomplete course materials. After the 7 (seven) days, our cancellation and transfer policy will apply and the deposit will not be refunded under any circumstances (see cancellations and transfers). If the course starts within the first seven days after you have signed up and you attend, you will no longer be able to cancel.
- The full balance of course fees is due 14 days before the course commencement day, unless a different agreement has been reached in writing with the Academy beforehand. Please see our fees price list for alternative payments methods and accompanying terms and conditions. Should you fail to pay the full balance 14 days before the course start date, your place in the course will be cancelled and all fees paid up to that point will be forfeited.
- You must be available to receive the course materials when sent by post. You can alternatively pick these up from one of our training venues at no extra cost. Should a second delivery be necessary, you will be charged for this.
- If due to unforeseen personal circumstances, you are unable to attend your original course, you must write or email the Academy 14 days before your course is due to start with any changes necessary and a reason for these changes. We will do our best to accommodate you onto our next course, however this may not always be possible. Should you not wish to rebook, you will be given a refund for fees paid minus the deposit and you will be charged an administration fee as per our fees price list. Any cancellations or changes with less than 14 days notice before the start of the course will not be accepted and no refunds will be given.
- All cancellations must be sent to email@example.com, verbal cancellations will not be accepted.
- Whilst every effort will be made to deliver the courses in the locations and dates published, sometimes it may be necessary to make changes due to unforeseen operational issues beyond our control. We will not be held liable for any additional costs incurred by you due to these changes.
- Any bookings for a modular course are for the full course regardless of how it is delivered, i.e. you will not be able to get refunds on modules which you are not able to attend.
- Should you fail to attend a number of sessions without a reasonable justified cause, your place on that course may be cancelled and all fees forfeited.
- Should you fail to adhere to our standard practices during the course, or should your behaviour negatively affect other students, tutors or the gyms at any time, your place will be cancelled without any further liabilities from the Academy.
- Courses that require a pre-requisite qualification will only be confirmed when a copy of the required qualification is received by the Academy.
- You must be available to attend your assessment date. If for any reason you are unable to attend, you will be able to transfer to a different assessment date subject to availability and payment of an assessment transfer fee as per our fees price list. The same fees will apply if you fail an assessment or examination and need to re-book.
If within one year of the course start date you still have not successfully completed the course, the Academy reserve the right not allow you to carry on with the qualification and all fees paid will be forfeited. If exceptional circumstances arise during the course such as medical or work (proof will be required) or other reasons highlighted to the Academy before the course started, this period will be extended to two years from the course start date.
- The Academy reserves the right to refuse enrolment or to offer alternative courses to any applicant which we believe will not be suitable for the course they have applied for.
- Academy students over 18 years of age will be allowed to use the allocated training facilities at off peak times from the first day of the course until their FIRST assessment date only. Usual gym membership rules will apply, and the student will need to complete a health and lifestyle questionnaire. Any students who do not adhere to gym rules will be in breach of this agreement and will in extreme cases be removed from the course and all fees paid forfeited. This facility does not constitute membership of the gyms and the benefits thereof, it is provided to assist students with their practical work. For gym membership terms and conditions visit www.sohogyms.com.
- Any notice periods required in this agreement must be communicated in writing and delivered in person, by recorded mail or email and confirmed delivery acknowledged by both parties.
- The Academy does not guarantee you will successfully pass a course or gain employment after qualifying. The Academy will not be liable for any losses or damage other than by negligence by the Academy or its tutors. Our entire liability to you in this case will be no more than the fees paid by you.
- These terms and conditions and any disputes which may arise from them are governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England. Both parties agree that the courts of England will have a final and irrevocable say in settling any dispute which may arise in connection to these Terms and Conditions.