At Soho Gyms hatha are softer than dynamic flow yoga classes; appeals to a broad population looking for mindful exercise; good for flexibility and alignment, suitable for beginners.
More on Yoga
Improves core stability, posture and muscle tone.
Yoga is fast becoming one of the UK’s and the world's most popular types of “mindful” exercise. The exercises and method has proven a useful stress reducing tool, and many of our members who have “fast paced” jobs/lives rave about it. To the sceptics or “weights lovers” we say yoga can be the missing link in your exercise programme and is a great addition to your routine as it trains muscles weights or aerobic training can't.
Top 10 reasons to try yoga:
1) Stress relief - Yoga reduces the physical effects of stress by lowering the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol.
2) Pain relief - Studies have shown that regular Yoga practice reduces chronic pain.
3) Better breathing - Yoga improves lung function and triggers the body’s relaxation response.
5) Increased strength and balance
6) Weight management - Yoga encourages healthy eating and improves self esteem.
7) Improved circulation - Yoga helps more efficient oxygenation of your body’s cells.
8) Cardiovascular conditioning - Yoga improves oxygen uptake during exercise.
9) Better posture - Helping to relieve back, neck, joint and muscle problems.
10) Focus on the present - Yoga helps us to become more aware of our bodies and to help create mind-body health.
Is Yoga for me?
While yoga should not be the only form of exercise you practice, it is a perfect way to compliment your fitness regime. The gains in flexibility, core strength, breathing and balance will become apparent after just a few weeks of regular practice and will enhance the rest of your training. The non competitive nature of yoga means you can take part in any class and still move at your own pace. Think of your whole training as a house, and yoga as a very strong foundation to build that house upon!