General Terms and Conditions
- Your choice of membership category on joining will determine the fees you pay. The Membership Application form sets out the membership fees payable when you join Soho Gyms. The membership fee and any other fees are payable in advance by each member (irrespective of actual use of the gym) either by cash, debit/credit card or Direct Debit agreement. Direct Debits are collected on the 1st of each month, or the nearest working day thereafter. Direct Debit membership is a one-month rolling contract and does not have a specific end date unless you request it to stop (see cancellation policy below).
- We operate a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period for all memberships (excluding daily and weekly passes) during which, should you change your mind about being a member of Soho Gyms, we will reimburse your membership fee. If you use the gym more than once during the 14-day period, we will deduct the cost of additional days used from this refund at the day pass charging rate – e.g. if you use the gym three times within the 14 days, we’ll deduct the cost of two day passes from the balance being reimbursed. All requests for cancellation/refunds must be made by email and directed to the gym.
- Direct Debit memberships can ONLY be cancelled online through the members individual user account. The cancellation procedure will detail the last Direct Debit payment date (following choice of month to cancel, one payment month notice must be given as per below example), the total payment amounts outstanding and membership termination date. An automated verification email of the above will be sent to the members nominated email account for their records. If you require user account details, please contact your home club for assistance.
Cancellation must be received providing one full payment month’s notice e.g. cancellation on or before 31 December will terminate membership on 31 January. On cancellation you remain liable for one calendar month’s subscription during the notice period. Cancelling your Direct Debit instruction directly at your Bank or a verbal/other instruction to any member of the Soho team is not sufficient.
- If your Bank fails to make a Direct Debit payment from your account when due Soho Gyms will write or email to advise you of this. An administration fee of £15 may be charged for each failed Direct Debit payment.
- It is the responsibility of members to cancel the Direct Debit mandate after the final payment has been received. Soho Gyms will not be held responsible for payment issues arising more than 60 days from the effective cancellation date.
- Proof of postage requesting cancellation, hand delivered letters countersigned/photocopied by Soho Gyms staff or e-mail are the only criteria accepted as confirmation of cancellation in the event of a dispute. No member of staff is authorised to give verbal confirmation of termination of membership.A member who terminates their membership will have no claim to any refund of their charge(s). A member whose membership is terminated will forfeit all the privileges of membership e.g. sun bed courses, towel and locker hire without any refund.
- Members will be refused entry if outstanding payment issues are not settled immediately. Any payments outstanding 30 days after becoming due are liable for immediate recovery by
- Membership may be refused or rescinded with good reason at the discretion of the management at any time and admission to Soho Gyms’ premises may also be refused to any member or their guest at the discretion of the management.Membership is personal to the member and may not be assigned transferred sold on or otherwise dealt with and members who ‘lend’ their membership card to third parties will have their membership rescinded without a refund.
- Membership fees and other fees are reviewed periodically. Subscription charges are as posted at reception and may be varied by the management without notice. Direct Debit subscribers will be given at least 10 working days written notice of any changes to the address provided by
- Annual/short term fees paid in advance cannot be refunded under any circumstances. Soho Gyms provides multiple membership options and the greater the commitment the lower the overall annual subscription rate.
- To qualify for any discounted membership options you are required to supply evidence of your eligibility. You may be charged at the full membership rate until such evidence has
- Annual and monthly Direct Debit subscriptions that include a towel hire service, may request one towel per visit but any additional towel requests must be paid for at the normal towel
- Locker hire is available as a Direct Debit option. The fees vary on locker size and/or the gym premises, and will be collected along with your monthly subscription.Membership cannot be suspended for any period of time. In exceptional circumstances such as injury or ill health, the management (at its sole discretion) may agree to suspend membership with documented medical evidence to a maximum of 6 months subject to a ‘maintenance’ fee of £10 per month or part thereof. The fee will be collected in place of your usual Direct Debit payment or in advance for fixed term memberships.
- All members agree to abide by the “Gym Rules” as posted in the premises and on the website www.sohogyms.com. Copies are available for members if requested. In the event of any dispute as to the meaning of the Gym Rules or of these Terms & Conditions the reasonable interpretation of Soho Gyms Managing Director shall be final and conclusive.
- Membership may be withdrawn with no refund if any member breaks the Gym Rules.
- Neither Soho Gyms nor the employees or agents of Soho Gyms shall be liable for any loss damage or theft of personal property belonging to any member or any guest of a member occurring on the premises whether or not such property is left in lockers provided for the use of members and their guests and notwithstanding that payment or other consideration is made for such use.
- Neither Soho Gyms nor the employees or agents of Soho Gyms shall be responsible for any injury occurring on the premises whether as a result of the use or misuse of the facilities and/or equipment provided by Soho Gyms or otherwise in the absence of negligence on the part of Soho Gyms their employees and/or agents.
- Soho Gyms reserves the right to vary these Terms & Conditions on not less than 28 days notice to members. Notice of any variation will be validly given to members if posted in a prominent position in the premises.
- Soho Gyms’ General Terms & Conditions as varied from time to time are deemed to be accepted and binding by persons applying for membership and continue to be accepted and binding for any member who renews within 3 months of the last expiry date of their membership. All new member membership renewals after 3 months and Direct Debit memberships must sign or re-sign their acceptance of such Terms & Conditions of membership. Soho Gyms’ General Terms & Conditions are available upon request or on our website www.sohogyms.com.
CONTACT PERMISSION & HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR DATA
- Here at Soho Gyms we take our privacy seriously and only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the services you have requested from us.
We never share or sell your personal details to any third-party. However, from time to time, we would like to contact you with news about the gyms and the latest offers. If you consent to us contacting you for this purpose, please tick accordingly on the previous page’s form.